Sunday, May 01, 2005

Uh... Yeah...

Zelda and I talked about the comment she made on "Security Woes".
It had me, veclempt.

But she has a good point.

It's not about "swinging", but being open to each other and not holding things in.

About communication.

Not about actually doing things with others, but being confident that we can come to each other and say, "Hey dear, I'm feeling ____ and wanted to talk to you, in safety, about that."

That is reasuring to me, as I have set ideas of what marrage is supposed to be, and fears about holding things in and openning up. I have lived with myself for so long, that it's going to take some time to grow comfortable with trusting another. Zelda wants to define what our marrage is to us, not what society tells us.

Um... I have always followed the the societal directions I've been given...
I guess if I'd want a "traditional woman", I'd stick to the church singles program. (Not that there aren't some wild ones there!!)

We are planning on the long haul.

We may one day build a pool, and hire a pool boy, whom she may find sexy, and wants to be able to talk to me about it...
I told her that I'll make sure we hire my current yard man, Rocky.

(No offence Rocky, but that should keep her from temptation for a looonnnnggg time.)
**************
That conversation was also quite enlightening for me in showing me that I did not Hear what she actually said, and instead, inserted my world view into her mouth. Where else am I doing that??? (I'm sure she'd be happy to tell me. That is, if I'd shut up and not interupt her as I so often do. I'm training her to interupt me! She needs more practice!)
That is something awareness will help.

1 Comments:

Blogger karlthebunny said...

In further discussions with Z Bunny, I have decided that as...
let's see...
as...
wonderful as the idea of letting each other *out* from time to time to explore, I just...
I'd have a lot of trouble with that sort of thing.

I guess I'm too conservative.
I don't want to share my bunny powers with anyone else but 'Z' (only) Bunny!! in my life!!!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home