Thursday, July 28, 2005

Impotent

At the moment, I feel
Impotent.
"Powerless, ineffective, inept, infirm, see unable, weak " ("Webster's New World Dictionary")

I have been sick all week with a sinus infection, that has knocked me out.

There are chores being done by Zelda.
Seems most of them get done by her lately.
By the time I make it home, they're finished.

Including her coffee.

The house is a mess, her things are still in boxes.
She gets depressed when she gets home...
The things we have unpacked don't have a place to live yet..
I'm not sure what to do... maybe a garage sale...? I personally have never been big on selling other folks my junk... Then there is Good Will.

We have scheduled a 4 day weekend in August to rent a dumpster to throw stuff out.

Both our old beds are too small. Full sized. Works well for one person and a cat. Or the occational lover. We are not sleeping well. Her's is currently housing her kitchen stuff. She won't let me sleep on the couch so she can get some uninterupted sleep, seems I snore... Not to mention, push her out of bed.

On our Wedding trip we discovered King Sized beds. So large I was never aware I was sharing a bed...You could hide three adults in one of those and they'd never know it.

We don't currently have the space or the $$$ to buy a new one. Maybe that can be her goal. Save for a new bed.

Ikea opens in Aug. so we can begin designing the new kitchen lay out. It was nice for 1973, but isn't large enough to be a serious cooking kitchen. And Zelda likes to cook.

I have already booked our New Year's Eve get a way to the Broadmoor in Colorado, Springs.
Now to pay off the bills of the last few months and to save up for the trip.
********************
I put together my long term financial plan last night.
I toyed with it a few years ago when I was working for myself, but I strayed off plan.

This brings up fears and concerns of mine.
I want to share this dream and goal and ideas with Zelda, because I can see her being THE implementor of these plans. I want her to understand and be a team with me. So that she can go out on her own and make her own deals, and not be dependant on me.

But what does she want...?

She has a "let's DO IT!" attitude.

She instigated our wedding plans.
She got the ball rolling and is the reason we have our Gazebo, (had she not made the calls the very next morning while I was still in bed, we would not have it).
She started the info gathering for our next vacation.

The speaker at the financial conference I attended last month spoke of a united front. His wife was well aware of what life would be like with him before they married. He did this because he saw partners of his, whose spouces didn't understand, have marital problems and most ended in divorce.

I have faith in her, and I must have faith in myself.
And that is the hardest part... I can do this.
We can do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home