Thursday, August 25, 2005

Gas prices affect the office

The higher gas prices are begining to cause concrete changes here in our office.

Superman traded his Pickup for a Civic this last weekend.
Reduced his expenses by $200.00 a month.
$100.00 in lower car payments, and
$100.00 in lower fuel costs.

I may talk to Zelda about switching out cars.
Mine gets better mileage than Betty...

(I cringe at the thought of my car sitting out unprotected all day though... Anyway. $$ talks)

And the Kid traded in his Land Rover for a Passat. Nice.
Better mileage, and less headaches...

I am always tempted when friends buy new cars to up grade.
J has an Audi A4 (program car) that made me jealouse, not to mention, he gets some measure of joy in pointing out how little research I did before buying my last car.

(I justify it as:
a) I had just purchaised the Harley not two months prior,
b) I didn't have much cash on hand,
c) my rental was due back,
d) my Honda will last for a long, long time, and lastly
e) I could not have affored any of the other cars I had been looking at...see "Harley" above)

J was right, I should have shopped around more...
but don't tell him that, I'll deny it!

I'll be prepared next time,
I hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home