Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's been a month

now since Woody passed.
Almost as if he was never here...

Gaea has taken over as "head cat" and seems to enjoy it.

Zelda and I watched the tribute to Peter Jennings last night on ABC.
I was impressed that the network devoted two, commercial free, hours to this man. He was my favorite, and I recall being put off on those nights when I could get home early enough to catch World News and he was not on.
Something about him, his personality, the way he aproached things that drew me in. I will miss him.

Zelda and I made up Tuesday. Misunderstanding and some personal demons.
We all have them.

Anything I can due to help *purge* them my dar-leen?
******
For those who have stopped by, or stop by to visit from Real Live Preacher, you may have noticed the "herpes help" link, it's a Public Service Anouncement of sorts.
Zelda is actually reluctant to be associated with the stigma.
I can't say that I run down the halls at work yelling at the top of my lungs that "I met my wife because I have Herpes!!!"

But I leave it there, not because it is the center of my life, which at one time it was, but because it ISN'T the center of my life. Just a facet. And with out it, I'd have never met Zelda.

Neither of us caught it being promiscuous.
We both caught it from people we Loved.
It's a heads up that:
A) It's not the end of the world should you contract it.
And B) that we are not sick, ugly, horrible people, but your neighbors, friends, and business partners.
One out of 4 people have the virus that causes genital sores. (It's actually a normal way of life. Just as close to 100% of the population have the virus, from the same family, that causes Chicken Pox.)
Virgins can contract Herpes with out ever having had sex.
It's that kind of bug.

And it's no big deal.

And now to get off my soap box, work is calling.
ktb

2 Comments:

Blogger karlthebunny said...

Bloggers be warned that there are folks out there willing to "spam" your comment box with letter length advertising.

Thank goodness for the
"trash" option. I just pitched one...

The fucking bastards.

8:42 PM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

One of the things I enjoy about having my own blog, is that when jerks and assholes leave obnoxious posts,

you can delete their ass!

Just like D. Nunamaker.

Get your own blog...

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home