Saturday, December 31, 2005

Frozen Lake






I am sitting in the mezanine lobby looking out over the lake. Beyond are the Cheyanne mountains.

Z is sleeping in.

We changed rooms yesterday because of the construction going on outside our window.
They are adding on and improving the out buildings. Which is wonderful.
Unaware of this, we had left our window cracked and were suprised at 7am by heavy equipment and diesel fumes in our room.

Z and I had wanted to sleep in...
Everyone asked us how our trip was, but no one mentioned the construction.
My first visit in 2003 was so wonderful that it's hard not to be dissappointed when things haven't gone as well.

The little building I stayed in that time, and the wonderful walk along the lake is closed in the midst of the dust.

Part of our spa package involved an invigorating shower, (now I know what it's like to stand in a car wash), a bath soak, and massage.

Friday was the perfect day for it because it set the mood for our whole trip.
Relax and be pampered.

Though I have eaten so much in two days that I have been happy just to snuggle with Zelda.
(I have found love making on a full stomach to be 'problematic', and I'll leave it at that.)
Part of me feels Z and I should be going at it like, well, Bunnys. But so far, we have been content to just be together.

My goal for Z is to "just Be".

I'll see if I can attach some of my '03 photos. I'm not sure how fast the wireless will work.
If not, I'll post them when I get home.

Time to go in search of Zelda!

(Any of you who think you recognize the Broadmoor,
think "The Shining")

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Great pictures karl!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home