Saturday, December 31, 2005

We're Here!

Zelda and I arrived in Colorado Springs Thursday with blue skys and somewhat cooler Temps than Dallas.

It seems to be a common misunderstanding that Colorado Springs is cold and snowy in the winter months. (Two years ago when I came with J must have been a fluke.)

I wish I could have provided Z with more snow....
There is always Omaha!

The Broadmore is beautiful.
We spent most of Friday at the spa.
I booked a masage as part of our package. Very nice.
Z booked us facials. (I am a converted Man!) No wonder women Rave about them!

I realized after it was too late that I should have requested a lake view.
No mater, we don't spend too much time in the rooms anyway. (Though Z IS getting her cable fix for the month!
We lounged around watching "What not to Wear" last night as we waited for our dinner reservation. (Truth be told, I miss cable as well.)

My masseuse told me that he and his wife vacationed along the Rocky Mountains ten years ago from southern Florida.
He gave his notice to his employer and put their house on the market the day they got home.
Two weeks later they sold the house, and four weeks after returning to Florida, they moved to Colorado Springs.

Hmmm..... gives one pause to think....

Though they have funny accents here!


Happy New Years y'all!

(Today Z and I are going to attempt to find a (reasonably priced) Semi Formal for her to wear tonight. Wish us luck!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home