Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Vacation Days

Time to pay….

Our wonderful stay at the Broadmoor is almost over.

Z is in the room getting ready and I am sitting in a New Favorite lounge over looking the lake with the morning sun streaming through the windows, across the desk, my face, and onto the carpet. At the moment I am down loading the photos of the week onto my computer. (No wireless to up load anything from this lounge, so look for them later).

New Years Eve we danced, and made new friends, and ate an eight course meal.

Z wants to come back here for her birthday in March and bring her mom along.
I teased her about wanting to bring Her Mother!, instead of her Husband!, but I can understand wanting to share this place with someone special.

It’s why I brought Z.

This holiday seems to have a food theme.

In addition to the spa, they have 10 different places to eat, which makes it wonderful in that you need never leave the property.

Z and I took a walk last night through the neighborhood in front of the hotel, in an attempt to exercise off some of those courses. We didn’t make it too far…

We stopped in at The Golden Bee, an English pub from the 19th century.
Very cool.
There is a sing along each evening.
I think some of the best food we had here was at the Bee.
Simple, but good.


******
Well we are back in the land of the working…

Back to reality.
The reality that we have made for ourselves.
Our reality.


Time to remake into something as pleasurable as a week at the Broadmoor…




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home