Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Value #1 - Professionalism

I want to be treated as a Professional.
To be seen as Professional, by others and myself.

That is,
to act like what I believe it is to be Professional.

1) This means, (pardon the cliche)
No Fears.

2) Being in Charge of my own destiny.
Which has been hard, because I am Not in touch with what I want my Destiny to be...

3) Being HONEST, with myself and others.
(Office politics promote either lies or truth. What kind of office do I wish to be working.)

4) Customer Service.
Going above and beyond.

5) Completeing my licensure as an Architect in Texas.
Providing for more $$$, responsibility on projects, and flexibility in where I live.

6) Awareness.
It is my responsibility to plan for MY future.

7) Develop myself. Constant improvement.
What are the systems I must have in order to keep my edge?
What do I need to learn, which programs, what systems, which books, do I need to keep on top of my faulty memory. What attitude to I need to learn and adopt?

8) Discipline.
Nuf said.

Our vacation took both of us into areas outside our comfort zone.
I made some mistakes, and have learned from them.

If I want something, I have to ask for it.
If I am unhappy with something, I have to acknowledge this dissatification.
If I have this awareness, I must act on it.
If I act, I must be prepared for the results.
If I don't like the results, I must have a resolution which will work.
I must have high expectations and act on them.

It was a glimpse of "someone else's' life.
That could very easily be mine.

With the right
Attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home