Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Amused

I amuse myself somethin' fierce sometimes...

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung.

Being all upset about a tv show that I cain't do nothin' about.

"Preoccupation is the most common form of failure."
Harry Emerson Fosdick

I get so caught up in the emotion that I forget myself and focus outward on the 'problems' of someone else.

"Venting is problem identification, not problem solving".
Harry E. Chambers

It occured to me that I should focus on the possitive of,
in this case,
the tv show,
rather than the negative.

And focus on how I can learn from what tweaks me.

Shaun was hired as a cowboy.
He stepped up to solve a problem not created by anything he did.
(Mr. Cook's fired the cook and failed to ask about any new help from anyone...)
And to his credit, when he was shafted by his "bosses",
Shaun didn't pout,
nor complain,
nor stomp is feet,
nor focus on himself,
nor go to the boss,
or any such thing.

He stepped up and did possibly the most difficult job of anyone,
and continued to cook for the cowboys.

While the women cried 'sexism' and focused on "what I want and damn anyone else".

He went from "man's" work to "woman's" work.
That same work the women didn't feel "important".
He asked himself,
"What's the best thing for
my friends?"

Good on ya Shaun!
***
Lemonaid...

Having just been affected so strongly by people who, like us all, got wound up in their own personal 'truth', I found myself doing something similar at work.

I got caught thinking about a site plan problem and "saw" what I perceved to be the reason for the condition.

So I paused,
changed tasks,
and spent some time thinking differently.

With in minutes I realized that I was creating a problem where there possibly was none.

But in the mean time I had cried,
"the sky is falling!",
and had to run damage control...

So,
there is advantage
to watching
such a train wreck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home