Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Senior Architect

The senior architect and I had lunch today.
Fast food.
Historically I ate out, but in the last year, I have decided to take my lunch and save money.

The down side is most days I never leave the office to get a break.

Senior Architect told me over hamburgers, that he stays because, except for the office politics, he enjoys all the other parts of the job. He likes the clients (whom can't stand the owners of our company), the contractors, our consultants, the tradesmen, the challenges of the work.
And I can believe it.
It's just when he comes back to the office and has to deal with the bosses...
*************
I appreciate having grown up blue collar. It allows me to appreciate being white collar.
And I will take this with me as I move towards wealth building.
*************
The owners are old money.
They haven't 'had' to work a day in their lives.
Their actions and mentality are completely different.
They aren't wealthy generous,
but wealthy cheap.
Which is sad.
So worried about what others think of them.
The interiors prinicipal actually uses the term "the little people".

Ah... that would be 'us', the staff.
Now I have the opportunity to work
at any company I wish,
so if I get tired of this,
it is not for the owners to change,
but for me to change my employer.
*******************
I choose to develope an attitude like
Senior Architect.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home