Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Tired

Spoke with Z to night.
She's excited about coming down next week.
I have anxiety about getting the time off. I'll ask for it anyway.

I'm tired.
The week blurs when I'm tired.

I get grumpy.
***********
Listened to "Christian Radio" tonight on the way home.
If "that" is "Christian" then
a) I have never been Christian.
b) I will never BE Christian.

A part of me associates "Christian" with "mindless".
And not in a good way. I see that kind of religion as the political entity it is.
"G*d will smite them down!" "G*d will solve all your problems! If you pray".
That kind of religion makes the creator out to be a great online genie, that all you have to do is "be good, pray, and you'll get your wish". No higher brain functions going on in there.
********************
Zelda talks about being "Pagan", which technically means any religion that is not either Jewish or Christian.

The word "Pagan" scares me.
It conjures images of dancing in fairie rings, praying to trees, and the earth.
I believe G*d is IN the earth, and the tree, and the wind, but the tree is not G*d. (It's the Jewish deity in me.)
Religion is important to both of us.
She is more spiritual than I since she has made a place in her home where she prays daily.
I rarely pray at home. At least not in a while.
I admire and am drawn to her love of the Creator.
And at the same time, am frightened.
I am very concervative in many things.
She is liberal.
I am not so close minded as to not accept change.
It's the over coming those initial "gut feelings" and the emotions that accompany them.

I'd like to share our faith on line so as to understand each other.
She has suggested using our joint blog.
I feel more comfortable expressing it here, but we shall see.
*************
Woody Cat has two more days to go before his parole.
Then we shall see how smart he is. How many times will he have to endure the bathroom confinement till he associates it with pooping on the carpet...
He seems resigned to his punishment.
*************
My understanding of G*d comes through the Bible.
Jewish and Christian.

We are going to discuss what it is we both believe.
For she is frightened by my Christianity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home