Friday, September 30, 2005

Lie to me/Wish me Happy Birthday!!

As Zelda put it, today is the "10th anniversary" of the celebration of my 29th birthday.

Yes, I had to think about that one too.
As did the kid.
I guess guys, I'll qualify this, USUALLY don't think this way.

Yes, I'm 39 today...
And my bride is just 35. I think all the folks who know her already know her age, and if not, she's not the kind of woman to be concerned about such things. And if not that, forgive my sweet heart, I'll edit the page later.
***********
Last night Zelda brought extra work home.

Mr. Personality had a client with a "furniture crisis".

Now what exactly is that?

"Oh NO! My colors don't match!!"

She used this as a means to suggest to me that she had an early meeting, which seemed odd, but I am a trusting man. We needed to leave 15 minutes earlier this morning....

Just after down town, she couldn't stand it any longer and told me that she had a secret.

The thoughts that went through my mind.

As is turned out she Really didn't have a meeting this morning, but wanted to take me to breakfast.

Amusingly enough, not 5 minutes earlier, my stomach spoke to me and said,
"I'm hungry, it's my birthday too, why don't you ask where she's taking us to breakfast this a.m."

But I knew I had muchies at the office and kept my mouth shut.

She took me to Eatzi's!
***********
The Zelda 'rents called this morning and sang me "happy birthday".
(I swear the royalty check will be in the mail this by this afternoon!
Imagine writing a song that the WHOLE world knows and loves, and sings
EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR.
Then imagine that you never get the royalties...
Anyway, like Ginger (and all the other characters) on "Giligan's Island", it brings joy to millions)
*************
So...

Why don't you lie to me, it's my birthday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Happy Birthday!
Also you can refer to yourself as 29 and 120 months.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home