Monday, September 12, 2005

Sin City

Zelda and I finally got around to plugging "Sin City" into the DVD.
We had both heard really good things about it.

If you haven't seen it, it's on our "to buy" list.

********
What makes a person so...small?...
petty?...
pathetic?...
that they want to pee on someone else's parade?

When I asked to car pool last week, I thought it would be temporary.
"Get up at 5:40am EVERY morning JUST to save on gas?!? "
But I was pleasantly suprised by the experience.
So I decided to make it permanent.

The folks at the office are unhappy with it.
Big Boss had some previous "bad experience" with differing times, so he banned different hours.

Senior Architect has a personality defect I did not see before, (maybe because I was wanting to play along to be liked and to not make waves).
He "decided" Friday that if I could "change" my hours, then he should be able to as well. Only he wanted to ask for 9:30 to 6:00. He has been with the company for 9 years. He has no intention of coming in later...

He knew full well that Big Boss would remember the "last time we tried this" and put a nix to it.
What is it to him if I come in early, work an extra hour, and leave one hour sooner than he does? It's one hour. Sixty minutes sooner.

Am I over reacting if I should say, "No, big Boss, this is how it's going to be... I car pool with my wife, or I walk"?

I don't think so...
***********
Any thoughts?

(Per Zelda's request, I am faxing my Resume out tomorrow and following up on some leads...)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:59 PM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

Been getting a lot of Blog Spam in the last few days.

Fortunately, blogger.com has a verification method to cut down on it.

You will now be required to Verify a word before posts will be allowed.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you can get your resume out fast enough. RUN, Bunny, RUN! you will be sucked into the great black hole if you stay much longer. Send many resumes; consider changing career path if you must! Luck and Peace - April

7:46 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

People act like that when they are unhappy with their lives.
I'm not usually petty but I'll act like that if I'm unhappy about something. The mature thing would be to acknowledge your unhappiness and then you can come up with a solution or at least not let it bother you.
Why don't they teach emotional intelligence in school? It would help people get along much better in the world.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home