Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hurricane hits "close to home"

Each year Florida gets pounded. Occationally, Houston or some part of Texas gets clobbered.

This year, the hurricane that hit Louisiana hit closer to home than any other.
By this I mean our pocket books.
I also mean an influx of displaced people.
Last week as I was getting ready for work I heard the "Whuup Whuup" of military helicopters flying over head on their way south. On the way home I saw a group of National Guards just off of 75 getting ready to head that way as well.
Each day on the way in to work, Zelda and I pass by the former stadium where many former New Orleans now stay.
And yesterday we saw our first Louisiana license plate and wondered if they were a part of the new Texans, there are at least 230,000 of them this week alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home