Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Pink Martini

Pink Martini, see link above, is having a Katrina Relief Concert to raise monies for the communities affected.

Everytime I hear Pink Martini, I am instantly taken back to the first time I heard them, out side Espania in Omaha.

It's dark, Zelda and I are sitting in Betty, the wonder car, and we are bundled up against the freezing weather.
That night her rose froze walking from the restaurant to Betty.
(the rose forgot it's coat and missed the parking lot, we found it huddled just outside the car, it had forgotten to bring the keys *they were in the coat!* and thus couldn't get the door open. Okay, okay, Zelda carried the rose, but in the short time before she could get it bundled in her coat, it froze.
Sheesh, a walking rose!!)
My point? I had not experienced that kind of cold before.

But Zelda kept me protected from the cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home