Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not much to report

But I thought I'd drop by.

Snoopy, our new kitty is doing well.

He's about 15 months old, energetic as a kitten, and very, very quite. I think I heard him coo when he jumped up on the bed last night, but I'm not sure.

We'll have photos of him up later.

This new kitty brings up Woody memories.
I knew it would happen.

Missing his personality and way of being...
And some guilt.

The SPCA brochure outlines the "getting to know you" period for new and old kitties.
A friend suggested putting them together and letting them work it out, so we did.
SPCA recommends keeping them apart for at least 10 days and other "getting to know you" techniques.
Zelda feels badly for throwing Gaea into things.
I feel the same for Woody. He was old and sick. And had to deal with a new grumpy room mate...

Gaea is having issues with me.
We can't figure it out, as it began Before Snoopy's arrival.

She get's WAY worked up when she sees me. Usually near her food, though I have been the one to feed her lately in an effort to increase my "friendliness" ratio... It doesn't happen every time, but at least once a day...in the evening...when I'm home...
(I have encouraged Zelda to spend more One on One time with her. We have been car pooling... so I'm always there when Zelda is.)
She will come in and sit on me when I'm in bed, but I dare not pet her, as she is one disgruntled kitty.

Woody had his, "enough is enough!" points, and it was a challenge, and fun, to figure them out.
Snoopy, so far, doesn't have a grumpy bone in his little kitty body.

And then there's Gaea...
(Zelda loves her very much, but since we don't have insurance on Gaea, there's no reason to knock her off... I guess we'll just have to keep her...)
At times I am scared of her.
She doesn't have front claws, and bats me, (everyone actually) when I walk by. Occationally she gets her teeth in on it. And that's what troubles me... I need my feet!

To top it off, she's the prettiest cat you ever saw...

Anyway...
****************
The carpooling continues.
Though Zelda is ready to change careers!

That and someone forgot it was September and hasn't turned off the heat... That or the valve is broken. I told Z last month that the middle of Sept. would be cool and beautiful, my favorite time of year! And that "Yes, it WILL actually get cooler!"

She doesn't believe me...

I'm begining not to believe me...

Zelda's dad reported a record high of 106 F yesterday, the 26th of September.
***********
I was able to get wireless at Zelda's parent's place and I LIKE it.
Have decided to buy a different wireless router with a card for her so we can get out of the office.
Blogging from the back yard. WooHoo!

Time to get back to work!

Hey Zelda!!
When you gonna blog somethin'?!

klz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home