Wednesday, March 08, 2006

More Questions...

I got on line to look up some information about Architectural Registration through the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB).

In order to become registered in one's state, one applies through NCARB for qualification, then takes NCARB's exams.

I have questions because I'd like to become registered in other states.
NCARB was created to make the testing standard.

My degree qualifies me to become a registered Architect in the State of Texas after passing NCARB.

But it seems that I have to have a Masters degree to become Nationally Registered through NCARB...

Let's see...

Same exam...

Same intern qualifications...

Same fees...

Same Practical experience (when I graduated as J did with his masters)...

Only thing different is...

I didn't spend as much time...or money... in school...
(Depending on which state and school, that equates to one more year and who knows how many thousands more...)

As the other kids...

J told me his Masters degree wasn't any more stringent than undergrad...
Although it did get him a little more money than I did when we started working...
Something aint right here...

I have some questions in to NCARB.
I think I already know the answer...

Going back to school today for a Masters will not earn me any more money than I am making now.

But getting registered will...

Rats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home