Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Procreation!

Pro-Creation

The first commandment in the Bible is in Genisis in the Creation story.
(I have no problem with the Universe and everything in it coming about via the "Big Bang" and Evolution. Who am I to limit G*d?)
And the first commandment from G*d is "Go forth, be fruitful and multiply".
A poetic way to say, "Have lots and lots of sex, make babies, and Have Fun!" Who could argue with that!?
(In wiccan, the focus is on the Great Mother. Who is the bringer of life, sex, babies, and fun. I see a common conception. How about you?)

Bed time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, wicca focuses on the goddess and her consort, the male deity. it is from their union that life is created and is renewed in all things. the wiccan religion deals with the duality of life (female/male, light/dark, barren/fallow, planting/harvest, gain/sacrifice, etc)

1:12 PM  
Blogger karlthebunny said...

shows how little I know of wiccan.
though mom and dad participated in it, privately, for a while. in the stories they related, it focused on white and black, good and bad, and the female. The witch.(good conotations, and sexuality) More mysticalism and nature.
I'm not sure how much of it is the focus on the femine,(more women seem drawn to it than men) and how much of it is the impact of praying to a Goddess that most non wiccan's notice. Sort of that "huh?" reaction.
When I hear "mother/father G*d used in contemporary Christian services it always "stops" me in my mental thinking. Seems P.C.
I try not to apply male/female roles to G*d. Though Jesus did call Him Father. Which "taints" things to the masculine.

were I not christian, I would be drawn to Zen.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home