Saturday, March 11, 2006

Some Answers

I got some answers from NCARB.
Seems academic learning is 'above and beyond' actual real world experience.

The company that runs the exam has 4 to 6 weeks to get it to the state. Then the state gets to review it, so who knows how long it will take for an answer...
(The computer knew before I left what my score was...)

The accademics (the universities and colleges) and the licensed Architects with advanced degrees want to protect themselves.

Although I don't do much of anything I learned at school, what I do in the everyday world I'd have to do for Six years to equate in NCARB's mind to the same knowledge I'd get in two years in school.

In school there are no budgets,
No clients (other than the professor),
No site visits (as you never actually build or design anything built),
No consultants (how do you get that design to ACTUALLY work!?),
No reality.

But it is 'more valuable' than what we do everyday on tight budgets and dead lines...

It's all in one's head.

There is one thing that I will give the academics...

When you are buying your own education (not working for a living), there is a whole lot of time to do nothing but think about Architecture and design...

Something I don't do in the everyday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home